Steps to Make Shenga Holige/Peanut Sweet Pancake/Peanut Poli/Ground Nut Sweet Paratha Tasty
Shenga Holige/Peanut Sweet Pancake/Peanut Poli/Ground Nut Sweet Paratha. If you love sesame seeds and jaggery poli, then you will seriously enjoy this peanut poli. Its one of the easiest sweet paratha aka poli to prepare for any special occasions to serve and enjoy with your loved ones. No need of making syrup or stirring the filling.
This shenga holige or obbattu is prepared using wheat Or roast until it starts popping. Transfer roasted peanut and sesame seeds into a mixie jar. Also add in poppy seeds and cardamom. Food preparation Shenga Holige/Peanut Sweet Pancake/Peanut Poli/Ground Nut Sweet Paratha is an enjoyable point, furthermore it becomes extra special value if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the following 12 ingredients, you can start cooking 7 steps. observe the following section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients requirements of Shenga Holige/Peanut Sweet Pancake/Peanut Poli/Ground Nut Sweet Paratha
- Require 1 cup Shenga/Peanut.
- Provide 3/4 cup powdered jaggery.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ellu /sesame seeds.
- Give 1/2 tsp for cardamom powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup – Maida flour.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 2 tsp – cooking oil(for Dough).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee(for Dough).
- Provide – water.
- Provide – water.
- Prepare 2 tsp – poppy seeds.
Shenga Holige, or Peanuts Poli, is essentially a sweet, flat-bread recipe, loaded with the Shenga Holige, or Peanut Poli, is one of the tastiest flat-bread recipes that we have ever tried and the filling of peanuts and jaggery endows this dish with an unctuous delicious taste that we are totally drooling over. Peanut sweet paratha is a sweet stuffed crisp bread. This is a common sweet in North Karnataka and usually prepared for Sankranti Festival. Peanuts in English is Kadlekayi in kannada and shenga in Marathi.
Shenga Holige/Peanut Sweet Pancake/Peanut Poli/Ground Nut Sweet Paratha step by step
- Ingredients for kanaka (outer cover dough):First prepare outer dough 3/4 cup wheat and 1/4 cup Maida flour and salt in a wide vessel Now add water little by little and prepare a soft dough (little softer than chapathi dough). Pour oil and ghee over the dough and rest it for 30 minutes..
- Mean time let us prepare hoorana or stuffing. For that dry roast shenga or peanut until light brown under medium flame..
- Next dry roast sesame seeds until light brown under medium flame. Or roast until it starts popping..
- After cool roasted peanut and sesame seeds into a mixer jar,add poppy seeds and cardamom power make a fine powder.
- Later add powdered jaggery and grind to became semi fine mixture (dont add any water while grinding)then transfer it to a vessel Sprinkle 1 – 2 tsp of water (if you difficult to make balls else dont use water)and make a soft dough.Prepare small sized balls like hoolige stuff balls but it should be soft and stiff..
- Take kanaka dough make a bowl and inside place the hoorana or stuffing and slowly make a ball by using outer kanaka remove if it extra dough while making bowl shape (this is ball is same as regular hoolige ball).
- Roll it into a thin holige.Take a iron pan and transfer the rolled holige on pan (cook carfefully it should not be brown) until you see bubbles on it and also flip it and cook the other side and lastly apply ghee. Do not flip it too many times(else it became hard)Now Peanut holige is ready to eat..
Peanuts are about as popular in North Indian dishes as coconut is in South Indian Ingredients of Peanut(Shenga )Holige. Place a broad based bowl with peanuts in it on medium flame and dry roast. Sweet Corn Paratha is a simple, delicious and healthy paratha variety made with a sweet corn filling. Sweet corns are usually steamed and served with some spices as evening snacks. Peanut Poli/Shenga Holige/Ground Nut Sweet Paratha Sweet Potato Puran Poli/Pancakes – Cookilicious.