Easiest Way to Prepare Kanda Pohe Tasty
Food preparation Kanda Pohe is a fun point, moreover it becomes more special value if you prepare it yourself. By using the complying with 13 components, you can begin cooking 17 steps. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking right away.
Composition – Kanda Pohe
- Provide 200 gm – Pohe (flattened rice) Medium thick.
- It’s 1 for Onion (medium size).
- Prepare 1/4 cup for Peanuts (raw).
- Prepare 1 Potato medium size.
- Provide 5 tbsps – Veg oil.
- It’s Salt.
- Prepare 5 for green chillies.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Haldi (turmeric powder).
- Provide 1/4 tsp – Jeera.
- Require 1/4 tsp for mustard seed Black.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaf.
- Require 4 tbsps for Corriander Chopped leaves.
- Provide 4 tbsps for Coconut Grated.
Kanda Pohe making process
- Pressure cook the potato for 5 min.
- In the meantime you need to wash the Pohe. Place 200 gm Pohe into a colander. Hold the colander under the kitchen tap and open it partially so that the flow of water is slow. Immediately use your hand to sprinkle the water over the Pohe and simultaneously mix the Pohe so that all of it gets wet. Don't do this for more than 5 – 7 seconds. If you over wash, the end result will be a flavourless lump. If you under wash, you can sprinkle water later on. Keep the colander aside.
- The above washing method is meant for medium thick Pohe. If you buy the (real) thick Pohe from a Maharashtrian grocery store, you will need to immerse it in water for 10 – 15 seconds to soak it properly. Note that the Pohe labelled as "thick" in supermarkets like Reliance / More are actually medium thick..
- Finely chop 1 onion. Chop 5 green chillies into rounds so that the seeds remain inside the chopped pieces..
- 15 min after washing the Pohe, check if it feels dry. If it does, sprinkle a little water on it. If you have washed again, keep it aside for another 15 min. After that, use your hand to separate out the lumps such that each grain is separate. The Pohe grains should be soft, plump and slightly moist. They should not be soaking wet and should not stick together..
- By now the potato should be done, Peel and cube the potato..
- Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a thick kadhai. The Kadhai must be thick otherwise the Pohe will burn at the bottom..
- Add 1/4 th cup raw peanuts to the hot oil. Keep the heat on medium and stir fry for a minute until the peanuts smell cooked. Remove the peanuts and place them on top of the Pohe..
- Make sure the oil it not too hot. Reduce the heat to low and add 1/4 tsp black mustard seeds. Wait for the seeds to pop and then add 1/4 tsp jeera seeds + 1/4 tsp haldi + 1 sprig curry leaves + 5 chopped green chillies. Stir and fry for 10 seconds..
- Add 1 chopped onion to the oil and stir. Cover and cook for 2 – 3 min.
- Add 1 boiled cubed potato to the onion and stir and mix. Cook covered for 2 – 3 min.
- Add the Pohe and peanuts to the kadhai. Add Salt over the Pohe. Stir well turning over and over so that the flavoured oil coats each grain..
- Sprinkle a little water over the mix and cook covered on low heat for 5 min.
- After 5 min remove the cover. By now steam should have developed in the vessel and should be visible on top..
- Stir the mix and cook for another 2 min..
- Switch off the heat and let it rest for 5 min..
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander and grated coconut..