Easiest Way to Cook Rawa Upma Yummy
Rawa Upma. Upma recipe – Step by step recipe with video to make fluffy, non-sticky & good south Indian rava upma at home with basic ingredients. Serve rava upma hot with slices of lemon. I also sprinkle some sev (fried gram flour vermicelli).
Rava upma is a delicious traditional South Indian breakfast dish made using semolina (sooji) Upma – A very popular savory south Indian breakfast dish made using semolina. Sooji or Rava Upma is a popular Indian breakfast dish made with semolina and veggies. Upma is a traditional Indian breakfast made with sooji (also called rava in south). Food preparation Rawa Upma is an enjoyable point, moreover it comes to be a lot more special value if you prepare it on your own. By using the following 12 components, you can start cooking 5 steps. observe the following section for you to start cooking immediately.
Ingredients for Rawa Upma
- Need 1 cup Semolina.
- You need 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp – Ghee:.
- Need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Need 1 tsp for Urad Dal.
- You need 10-12 – Cashews:split in half lengthwise.
- Need 10-12 of Raisins: (optional).
- You need 12-15 – Curry leaves.
- Give for Onion: 1 large, finely chopped.
- Require of Green chili: 1, chopped (optional).
- Need of Salt: 1 ½ tsp or to taste.
- Provide for Lemon juice: 1 tsp (optional).
- Need 1/2 tsp – Sugar.
Godhumai rava upma is a staple breakfast at home, filling and nutritious with vegetables added to it. I started liking godhuma rava upma only after I started cooking. Upma (Indian Breakfast Recipes) is a healthy South Indian and Sri Lankan Tamil breakfast recipe, typically made with roasted semolina. Rava Upma is a South Indian breakfast staple.
Rawa Upma making
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a kadai/wok and roast the semolina till it gives out a nice roasted smell, don’t let it change its color. Roast it for about 6-7 minutes on medium heat while stirring continuously. Remove it in a plate and Keep it aside..
- In the same kadai/wok, heat 3 tbsp of ghee. Add the mustard seeds, once they start to splutter add the urad dal and cashews. Let the urad dal turn light golden. Now add the onions and green chilies. Mix well. Just tear the curry leaves roughly and add it to the tempering..
- Cook till onions are soft and slightly golden. Now add the salt and mix. At this stage you can add vegetables like carrots, peas or beans if you wish to. If you are adding vegetables cover and cook till vegetables turn a little soft..
- Add 3 ½ cups of water, sugar and raisins, bring the water to a boil. Once boiled, lower the heat, add the lemon juice and slowly add the semolina while stirring continuously. Make sure you add it very slowly in a steady stream and keep stirring to prevent lumps..
- Keep stirring till it reaches a thick pudding like consistency. Once thick remove from fire and serve. You can serve it with coconut chutney, though it tastes really good on its own..
It is usually served with coconut chutney and filter coffee. Clockwise from the central bottom Bangalore bonda, idli, coconut chutney, tomato chutney, sambar, rava upma, pongal and potato stew in the. Download Rava upma stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. When in a hurry, rava upma is the first breakfast option that comes to your mind! Ingredients used to make upma in microwave are easily available in every Indian kitchen.