Seasoning to Recipe: Mumbai street food Tava pulav Yummy
Mumbai street food Tava pulav. Tawa Pulao or Tava Pulav, a popular street style rice dish, synonymous to Pav Bhaji. This Mumbai Style Veg Pulao is quick & easy to make, and the taste of street food lingers all tastebuds. Make this Tawa Pulao Recipe at your home for lunch, supper or dinner, and share how it goes for you Tawa pulao is a popular Mumbai street food of rice and vegetables sauteed together with pav bhaji Tawa pulao as the name suggests is made on Tawa/tava – a flat concave shaped pan used in The street side vendors use a huge Tawa and they make pav bhaji, masala pav, tawa paneer masala and.
Make this Tawa Pulao Recipe at your home for lunch, supper or dinner, and share how it goes for you :). Recipe Index » Indian Cuisine » Mumbai Street Food » Tawa Pulao Recipe (Tava Pulav). Tawa pulao is popular Mumbai street food. Cooking Mumbai street food Tava pulav is a fun point, moreover it ends up being more unique worth if you prepare it on your own. By using the adhering to 18 active ingredients, you can begin cooking 9 actions. observe the following section for you to begin cooking promptly.
Composition for Mumbai street food Tava pulav
- Require 4 cups basmati rice cooked.
- Need 1 1/2 tbsp for ghee.
- Give 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Need 2 pcs – onion medium size chopped.
- You need 1 pc for carrot medium size.
- Give 1 Pc of Potato medium sized.
- It’s 2 – finely chopped tomatoes medium sized.
- Provide 1/3 cup peas frozen or fresh.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic crushed.
- It’s 1 inch for ginger grated.
- Need to taste Salt.
- Require 1 of capsicum Small finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pav bhaji masala.
- Give 1 tbsp – Red chilli powder.
- Require 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Require some Coriander leaves chopped.
All the pav bhaji stalls serves this delicious rice called tawa pulao. This recipe is a popular street food in Mumbai…This recipe calls for only one spice powder that is Pav Bhaji masala…I used my homemade pav navratan pulao recipe, navaratna pulav recipe, navratan pulav with step by step photo/video. one pot meal recipe with basmati rice with spices & dry fruits. Tawa Pulao- Make Mumbai Tava Pulao in minutes. You should try this at home, easy quick and lip smacking!
Mumbai street food Tava pulav step by step
- Heat ghee and oil in a non-stick pan, once it becomes hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle and sauté till it turns brown..
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté on medium flame till it becomes translucent..
- Add ginger garlic paste/ freshly crushed ginger garlic and saute it again for few seconds till raw aroma goes away..
- Add finely chopped carrot, potato and green peas, mix it well. Add salt to taste to make the cooking fast, mix it well and cover the lid and cook the veggies on medium flame till it becomes soft. It takes around 5 minutes to get cooked. Uncovered the lid after 5 minutes and add finely chopped tomatoes, capsicum and mix it well..
- Now cover the lid again and cook tomatoes till it becomes soft and mushy. You can also cook it without covering..
- After 2-3 minutes uncovered the lid and put all the spices- pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, stir and cook it for 2 minutes..
- If the mixture becomes dry add 3 tbsp of water and cook it for 2minutes.Add cooked rice and mix it gently until all the rice grain gets evenly coated with masala. I have added salt while cooking the veggies so add salt accordingly and mix it well..
- Lastly add few drops of lemon juice, freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix it well. Turn off the flame and transfer tawa pulao in a serving dish..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with plain chaas, papad..
Cooked rice tossed with carrots, peas, tomatoes, onions, capsicum, whole spices and pav bhaji masala – Mumbai style street food! Ingredients for Tawa Pulao – Street Food Recipe. A visit to Mumbai is incomplete without sampling the lip-smacking street food. Mumbai street food has a lot of fans. Here's a list of some of the popular Mumbai Street fare outlets in the city.