Easy way Make Bengali mutton curry Tasty
Bengali mutton curry. Bengali Mutton Curry or as we lovingly call it Mangshor Jhol is an age-old delicacy where mutton pieces cooked with large sized potato chunks in a spicy, hot curry. This is the most Simple way to cook mutton curry in a pressure cooker without any marination. Mutton curry (also referred to as kosha mangsho, lamb curry, or goat curry, Indonesian: kari kambing or gulai kambing) is an Indian curry dish that is prepared from mutton (or sometimes goat meat) and vegetables.
I had prepared a Bengali style mutton curry for lunch today. Though I am not much of a mutton loving person, just thought of preparing it. With a little help from mom, the preparation turned out well. Cooking Bengali mutton curry is an enjoyable point, additionally it comes to be extra unique worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 14 components, you can start cooking 10 steps. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients requirements for Bengali mutton curry
- Provide 1 kg for mutton.
- It’s 5 – Potatoes cut into halves.
- Require 3 of onions chopped.
- Give 1 tbsp – ginger paste.
- Require 2 tbsp for garlic paste.
- Provide 2 tbsp cumin-coriander powder.
- Require 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Require 1 tsp for red chilli Powder.
- Require 2 tsp of cumin seed.
- Provide 2 bay leaves.
- Need 2 dry red chilli whole.
- Give 1 tsp for garam masala powder.
- Give To taste of salt and sugar.
- It’s As needed – oil and ghee.
Bengalis, people from the Indian state of West Bengal and Bangladesh There is one radical oddity that unites the cooks in the east and west – the niramish maangsho or "vegetarian" mutton curry, a. The Bengali Mutton Curry made with Goat meat is synonymous with Sundays and daytime naps. The authentic Bengali recipe for mutton curry calls for mustard oil but its perfectly okay to use any vegetable oil. Another feature of Bengali recipes is that they use potatoes in their biryani, fish curry.
Bengali mutton curry making process
- Marinate the mutton with salt and turmeric powder and chopped Onions along with ginger garlic paste.
- Now heat oil and fry the Potatoes adding salt and turmeric powder and remove.
- Now add more oil and temper cumin seed bay leaf red chilli whole and whole garam masalas.
- Add onion chopped and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute well adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the mutton and saute well adding red chilli Powder and cumin coriander powder.
- Cover and cook on low heat.
- Add Potatoes and warm water and simmer.
- As the mutton gets cooked well add garam masala powder and ghee.
- Serve it with rice or chapati.
Bengali Sunday lunch is absolutely incomplete without Mutton curry, and this Bengali Mutton curry is nothing but a simple runny curry made with Rewaji khasir mangsho. This Bengali style mutton curry is a complete bliss. In Bengali, 'Kosha mangsho' means slow cooked chicken. You will need ample patience to prepare this delicious mutton curry but once you are done. Those days mutton curry used to enjoy it's cult status in Bengali livelihood.