Easiest Recipe: Mangshor Jhol (Bengali style Mutton Curry) Tasty
Mangshor Jhol (Bengali style Mutton Curry).
Cooking Mangshor Jhol (Bengali style Mutton Curry) is an enjoyable thing, moreover it ends up being extra unique value if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 18 components, you can start cooking 4 actions. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking right away.
Ingredients requirements for Mangshor Jhol (Bengali style Mutton Curry)
- Prepare 500 gms – mutton on bones, cut into cubes.
- Need 2 of onions, chopped.
- Require 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste.
- Need 1 for tomato, chopped / 1 tsp. tomato paste.
- Need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1" for cinnamon stick.
- Require 2 green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Provide 1 tsp. for sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp. red chilli powder.
- Give 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder.
- Need 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Need 2 medium – potatoes, cut into half.
- Provide to taste salt.
- Need 2 tbsp. for mustard oil.
- Need 1 tsp. for ghee.
- Give as needed – coriander leaves to garnish.
Mangshor Jhol (Bengali style Mutton Curry) start cooking
- Marinate the mutton with the ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, red chilli powder and the garam masala powder for 2-3 hours..
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper with the bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and sugar. Saute for a few seconds and then add the onions. Fry till light brown..
- Now add the tomatoes and fry well till it is mashed up. Then add the marinated mutton and continue to saute on low flame till the oil starts to leave the sides of the pan..
- Add 2 cups water and the potatoes and pressure cook for 20 minutes on low flame after the first whistle. When done, add ghee and mix well. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves..