How to Prepare Kerala Paratha Appetizing
Kerala Paratha. Kerala paratha recipe With step by step photos – Kerala parotta is a layered flaky flat bread that is popular across the whole of south India. Kerala Parota or Malabar Parota is a unique dish from Malayalam cuisine, which is not to be confused with North Indian parathas. The Kerala Parota is made of a plain flour dough, rolled in a special way.
A very easy recipe for home made parottas from scratch. A Parotta/Kerala parotta/Malabar paratha is a layered flatbread, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made from maida flour, popular in Southern India. Kerala parotta, popularly known as paratha or porotta, is a delicacy from Kerala. Cooking Kerala Paratha is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it becomes extra special worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 6 ingredients, you can begin cooking 9 steps. observe the adhering to section for you to begin cooking promptly.
Ingredients of Kerala Paratha
- Prepare 2 cup – All Purpose Flour (Maida).
- You need 2 tablespoon for Ghee.
- Require 1/2 cup for Milk.
- Require 1/2 teaspoon for Sugar.
- You need To taste for Salt.
- Prepare as needed – Lukewarm Water.
Soft and crunchy outer layer and cushy inner layers make parotta yummy. Traditional Kerala Paratha is knead continuously for an hour and its texture has to be similar to that of a pastry. To begin making the Malabar/Kerala Parotta recipe, in a mixing bowl or a food processor, add the maida, ghee, milk, sugar. Malabar Parottas or Kerala Parathas are a street food originating from the Malabar region along the coast of Southern India.
Kerala Paratha step by step
- In a mixing bowl take maida, ghee, milk, sugar, salt and sufficient lukewarm water and make a firm dough..
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest 15 to 20 minutes..
- Divide the parotta dough into equal portions and roll them into balls..
- Place a ball on a worktop and roll the malabar/kerala parotta with the help of a rolling pin into thin sheet..
- Now apply some ghee on the rolled malabar parotta and dust it with the little maida..
- Make small pleats like an accordian and then bring the pleats together. Start to roll the malabar parotta into a round pinwheel from one end. Dust in flour and roll into a circular shape..
- Heat the tawa over medium heat; add the rolled out parotta and cook without ghee for a few seconds until the raw look goes away..
- Drizzle little ghee and cook the malabar parotta from both sides until lightly brown and crisp..
- Enjoy with curry of your choice.
Some secrets can't always remain hidden. Kerala Paratha Urdu Recipe, Step by step instructions of the recipe in Urdu and English, easy ingredients, calories, preparation time, serving and videos in Urdu cooking. The Kerala paratha or parotta is similar to the North-Indian lachha paratha. The only difference between the two parathas is that Kerala paratha is made with maida (all purpose flour). With some tips this paratha can be made very easily.