Easiest Way to Recipe: Sweet and sour raw mango pickle or achaar Yummy
Sweet and sour raw mango pickle or achaar. Sweet mango pickles are very special. The mangoes chosen for this pickle should be firm and under ripe. They are peeled, cut into thin slices and simmered in sugar syrup with garlic This pickle is ready when the sugar syrup is of one string consistency and the mango pieces are soft and translucent.
Mango pickle recipe with step by step photos – An easy pickle recipe with step by step photos using raw mangoes. Avakaya is one of the popular variety of pickle made in Today's andhra mango pickle is more of a gravy like consistency rather than dry, since it is mostly relished with plain white rice. You can consider the pickles as tongue-tickling delights. Cooking Sweet and sour raw mango pickle or achaar is an enjoyable thing, furthermore it becomes a lot more unique worth if you cook it yourself. By utilizing the following 10 components, you can begin cooking 6 steps. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking immediately.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour raw mango pickle or achaar
- You need 500 gm for raw mangoes.
- Give 500 gm for sugarcane jaggery.
- It’s 1 tsp jeera Or cumin seeds.
- Require 1 tsp – coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp – fennel seeds.
- It’s 4 dry red chillies.
- Require 1 tsp of panch foron (recipe is available in my profile).
- Give 1 tbsp of mastard oil.
- Need 1 tsp – salt.
- Need 1/2 tsp for turmeric powder.
It has a combination of many Raw mangoes: In India, special raw green mango verity (e.g. rajapuri or small tender baby mangoes) are easily available during the season. A sour, spiced and tasty Mango Pickle aka Aam ka Achar. In Hindi Language Pickles are also called as achaar or achar or aachar. Pickle is an intrinsic and very important part.
Sweet and sour raw mango pickle or achaar step by step
- Clean the mangoes, soak in normal water for 1 hour. After 1 hour, take out from water and wipe with kitchen towel thoroughly. Now cut each mangoes into two halves (along with seeds). Remove the seeds and cut the mangoes pieces further into small cubes shape. Keep under sun for atleast 1 hour to remove moisture. Keep aside..
- Pickle powder preparation: dry roast cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and 2 dry red chillies. Now cool down and coarsely ground. Keep aside..
- Heat a pan, add mastard oil. Now add 2 dry red chillies by tearing it into 2 pieces. Now add panch foron and after 30 seconds, add mangoes pieces. Keep the gas flame between low to medium throughout the process. Slightly fry the mango pieces. Add turmeric and salt and saute for few more seconds. Now add jaggery and cover the pan with lid to let the jaggery dissolve and magoes cooked..
- Once the jaggery completely dissolves, check the consistency, if it's sticky, then add the pickle powder prepared earlier. Give it a good mix, keep covered until the pickle consistency is thick. Take out a little portion on your finger to check whether it's done or not. If the pickle forms string then it's done perfectly. Switch off the flame, keep for cooling. Once cooled down, transfer to glass or ceramic container..
- Keep under sun daily for 1 hour your pickle will stay longer and don't get spoiled..
- Tips: while preparing the pickle or achaar, ensure water is not used. Also the pan, spatula shouldn't have a single trace of water on it. Even while storing the pickle, ensure the container is completely dry. This way we can avoid getting the pickle spoiled..
This No Oil Mango Pickle is a Punjabi style sweet and sour pickle recipe made without green unripe mangoes. Aamba Khatta – Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle. I have made this and I LOVE it!!! The people I shared it with asked for the recipe. methia keri recipe with stepwise photos. this gujarati pickle made with raw mangoes is called as methia keri since it has a good amount of methi seeds. See the recipe for Aamba Khatta (Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle) »James Roper.