Seasoning to Cook Aloo Tikki (Indian Potato Patties) Perfect
Aloo Tikki (Indian Potato Patties). Aloo tikki or potato patties are popular snack, traditionally when any snack is served with yogurt and chutney it is known as chaat. This is very popular with road side vendors, the aroma of the hot tikkis are enough to make you hungry. In Hindi language, aloo are potatoes and tikki are patties.
Indian style spiced mashed potato patties! Aloo tikki is a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent; in North Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi preparation, it is made out of boiled potatoes, peas, and various curry spices. "Aloo" means potato, and the word "tikki" means a small cutlet or croquette in Hindi and Marathi. These Indian potato patties are usually served with chickpea curry, but you can use canned chickpeas instead. Cooking Aloo Tikki (Indian Potato Patties) is an enjoyable point, in addition it comes to be more special worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 6 active ingredients, you can start cooking 6 steps. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking right away.
Ingredients – Aloo Tikki (Indian Potato Patties)
- It’s 2-3 Potatoes (Steamed and Mashed).
- Need 2-3 for Green Chillies (Finely Chopped).
- Provide To taste – Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg + 1 tbsp water for egg wash for frying the tikkis.
- Give as needed – Bread crumbs.
- Need 2-3 tbsp – Oil for Frying.
Yogurt and sweet, sour, and spicy chutneys are also served with Aloo Tikki, but once again, if you don't have them, feel free to use ketchup or bbq sauce. Aloo tikki is a popular Indian street food made with boiled potatoes, spices and herbs. Aloo is the hindi name given to potatoes and tikki is a patty. So aloo tikki literally translates to potato patties.
Aloo Tikki (Indian Potato Patties) step by step
- Wash the potatoes nicely. Steam it in rice cooker or steamer. Remove the skin of the potatoes and mash it well using a potato masher..
- In a medium bowl, add the mashed potatoes. To it, add green chillies and salt. Mix well until fully incorporated..
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours..
- Shape the aloo tikkis..
- Dip the tikkis in egg wash. Coat it with breadcrumbs..
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Place the tikkis in the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown..
Aloo Tikki – an Indian street food made with fried potatoes, peas, and onions that can be easily made at home. I don't know much about it, but I think I like it. And if this Aloo Tikka (mashed potato cakes with herbs and spices) is served as street food as it's. These sweet potato patties are fluffy on the outside, but crisp on the inside, with a blend of Indian spices giving the flavor a savory kick. They're a fantastic addition to the dinner table when served alongside curry and chutney.