Easiest to Cook Kashmiri Dum aloo Delicious
Kashmiri Dum aloo. The classic Dum Aloo made in Kashmiri style with flavourful spices. ✔ authentic kashmiri dum aloo has no cream, no tomato, no onion, no ginger and no garlic! ✔ uses spices like fennel powder, ginger powder and kashmiri red chili powder. First to make onion paste, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cloves, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, green chillies, red chillies and. Now that the weather is turning chilly, this recipe from the northernmost state of India, Jammu and Kashmir, is the perfect antidote to the cold.
It's spicy, hot, and oh so heavenly. What this is NOT : an easy dum aloo recipe because this particular recipe is technique. Kashmiri Dum Aloo- Kashmirs cuisine is rich, flavorful and hot as they use very fragrant and hot spices to flavor their food. Food preparation Kashmiri Dum aloo is an enjoyable thing, in addition it becomes more unique worth if you prepare it yourself. By using the adhering to 18 ingredients, you can start cooking 7 steps. observe the complying with area for you to begin cooking instantly.
Composition Kashmiri Dum aloo
- It’s of For cooking potatoes.
- Provide 500 gram baby potatoes.
- You need 3 1/2 cup – water.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need Other ingredients.
- Give 3 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Require 1/2 tablespoon for ginger powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon for fennel powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- Provide 1 inch cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 cloves.
- Give 1 – black cardamom.
- Require 4-5 black pepper.
- It’s 1 green cardamom – optional.
- Give 6 tablespoon for fresh curd.
- Need 1.5 cups of water.
- Need 3/4 cup – mustard oil.
- Need to taste for Salt.
The best and most popular vegetarian dish from this cuisine is kashmiri dum aloo. Kashmiri Dum Aloo (best Indian food) is a very famous Kashmiri recipe made using baby potatoes simmered in a yogurt based gravy flavored with dry ginger powder and fennel. Kashmiri Dum Aloo is one of the most popular Kashmiri delicacy. This is an easy potato recipe cooked with a melange of spices like kashmiri red chili powder, fennel powder, nutmeg.
Kashmiri Dum aloo making process
- Rinse the baby potatoes well, brush or scrub the mud etc from them, take 3.5 cups water in a pan add the potatoes, on a medium high flame boil the water, so that the potatoes are half cooked, drain them and allow to become warm or cool down at room temperature..
- Peel the potatoes, this task takes a lot of time, with a fork poke holes in the potatoes all over, halve them or you can keep them whole if they are small, this is done so that when cooking on dum, the potatoes absorb the flavours of the masala in which they are getting cooked, whisk the fresh curd till smooth, keep aside..
- In a small bowl, take kashmiri red chilli powder and water, mix and stir well to get a smooth mixture, in a pan heat mustard oil till it begins to smoke, add the parboiled peeled potatoes and begin to fry them on a low to medium flame, with a slotted spoon, turn them over while frying, when one side is light golden..
- Remove the potatoes which are golden and crisp with slotted spoon, fry them well or else they remain uncooked from the center, place them on kitchen paper towels, fry all the potatoes till golden and crisp..
- Lower the flame, remove the extra oil and keep 2 tbsp oil in the same pan, let the oil temperature come down, in the same pan oil, add asafoetida powder, stir well, then add the red chilli + water mixture and stir well, be careful as the mixture splutters.
- Now add the beaten curd, when you are adding the curd, with a spoon or wired whisk, stir continuously, so that the curd does not split, add the curd on a low flame, after adding curd, add water and continue stir, stir and mix very well, then add fennel powder, add the whole spices and ginger powder, stir well now add the potatoes, again stir..
- Season with salt and stir again, cover the pan tightly with a lid, cook for 8 to 10 minutes on a low to medium flame, here we are cooking the potatoes gravy on dum, the gravy should become thick, you can add less or more water depending on how thick or thin yoh want the gravy, if you cook more, then the gravy will reduce more, so depending on what you prefer, you can cook for less or more time, serve kashmiri dum aloo hot with naan, roti or rice..
Learn how to cook Kashmiri dum aloo step by step with our easy Kashmiri dum aloo recipe video along with detailed ingredients, method, preparation time and cooking time. Kashmiri Dum aloo, prepared with small size potatoes in unique and spicy-tarty flavor are really scrumptious to eat. These can be prepared with or without gravy. Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a no onion no garlic recipe, a spicy gravy which is apt for the biting cold in Kashmiri Dum Aloo is quite easy to make as there is no chopping / grinding, you can make the gravy. Kashmiri Dum Aloo recipe is generally flavored with Kashmiri chillies and it uses typical Kashmiri spices like fennel / aniseed and ginger powder.