Ingredients to Make Mashed Aloo Methi Curry (Mashed Potato and fenugreek leave fry) Tasty
Mashed Aloo Methi Curry (Mashed Potato and fenugreek leave fry). Home » Mashed Aloo Methi Curry (Mashed Potato and fenugreek leave fry). Take a kadai add little oil, jeera powder, hing until it becomes golden brown and lower the flame. Aloo papri chat: crisp poori stuffed with chickpeas and potatoes and served with a sour sauce with spicy yoghurt.
Simple Indian stir fry with potatoes and fresh fenugreek leaves. This Aloo Methi was quite a winter staple in my home and is best enjoyed with flatbread Methi was cooked very frequently in our kitchen in India during winters. We didn't get methi leaves in any other season, so as soon as winter would. Food preparation Mashed Aloo Methi Curry (Mashed Potato and fenugreek leave fry) is an enjoyable thing, additionally it comes to be a lot more special value if you prepare it on your own. By using the complying with 13 ingredients, you can start cooking 5 steps. observe the following section for you to begin cooking right away.
Ingredients requirements for Mashed Aloo Methi Curry (Mashed Potato and fenugreek leave fry)
- You need 8-10 Potatoes.
- Require 4 cups for chopped fresh Methi leaves (Fenugreek), washed and drained.
- Need 4 tbsp of Oil.
- Give 1 tsp – Cumin seeds.
- Require 1/4 teaspoon for Hing (Asafoetida).
- You need 1 tsp for chopped Garlic.
- Require 1 tsp – chopped Ginger.
- Need 1 tsp of finely chopped Green chillies.
- Prepare 2 of whole Dry kashmiri Red chillies.
- Require 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tsp for Coriander-Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 pinch for Hing (Asafoetide).
- It’s 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds.
Today we had rotis with Aloo Methi stir fry, pickle, salad and yogurt. I enjoy North Indian style subzis to go with rotis and can never get tired of them. With abundant methi leaves (menthu kura/fenugreek leaves) available, I am preparing a lot of methi based dishes keeping in mind its health supporting. After that,mix this fenugreek mixture to earlierpotato mashed bowl and mix it again.
Mashed Aloo Methi Curry (Mashed Potato and fenugreek leave fry) start cooking
- Keep the methi leaves in a bowl of water and add little salt and keep for few minutes. Seperate the leaves with the water and throw away the water..
- Boil the potatoes in the cooker for 15 minutes, After it is cooked peal the skin of the potatoes and mash it..
- Take a kadai add little oil, jeera powder, hing until it becomes golden brown and lower the flame. Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and red chillies keep it on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric, salt and add the methi leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Add the mashed potato and mix both and keep it for 5 minutes..
- Serve the Aloo Methi with Roti..
Cook your mashed potatoes just as you normally would, making sure to add plenty of cream and butter. If you prefer not to portion the potatoes, transfer the cooled mash to a large freezer bag or container, and store in the freezer until Thanksgiving. This aloo methi is mouth watering and just in time, as we get fresh kasuuri methi now in the grocery store. I absolutely love eating and cooking potatoes. My brother, who lives with me, is a huge fan of mashed potatoes to the point where my in-laws will DOUBLE the amount of mashed potatoes they.