Ingredients to Prepare Ghee rice Delicious
Ghee rice. Ghee rice is a one pot rice dish made with ghee, rice, spices & nuts. It is one of the most basic flavored rice recipe served with kurma or any curry. Instructions for stovetop & Instant pot.
Ghee rice is a simple yet popular dish found in south Indian cuisine. Learn how to make Ghee Rice an aromatic and delicious rice recipe by Anushruti only on Rajshri Food! Ghee rice is the best recipe due to its simple. Food preparation Ghee rice is a fun thing, in addition it comes to be more unique value if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the following 13 ingredients, you can begin cooking 6 actions. observe the adhering to section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients requirements for Ghee rice
- Require 3 cups of Jeerakasala rice.
- Prepare 6 cups – water.
- You need 1 for large onion.
- Need Handful of cashews.
- Provide Handful for raisins.
- Provide 2 – bay leaves.
- Need 4 cardamom pods.
- Need 2 for medium sized cinnamon stick.
- Give 10 cloves.
- Provide 8-10 for peppercorns.
- Provide to taste for Salt.
- Need 3 tbsp – Ghee.
- Need 2 tbsp – Vegetable oil.
Ghee rice is a great dish to accompany any type of curry on any occasion, festive or ordinary. The aroma of fragrant rice and clarified butter along with spices announces that it is time to stop whatever. Ghee rice prepared using ghee, basmati rice, onion, garlic, ginger, cashews, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise. Ghee rice recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video.
Ghee rice process
- Wash the rice a couple of times and keep aside. Jeerakasala rice doesn't need soaking in water..
- Add 3 tbsp ghee and 2 tbsp oil to a hard bottomed stockpot pan. Once it's hot, add onions cut length wise. Fry it until golden brown. Move it onto a tissue. Add the cashews, and once it turns brown, raisins. Remove it from the oil and place on a tissue. These are for garnishing the ghee rice..
- In the same oil, add the bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and peppercorns. Stir for a few seconds..
- Add the washed rice to the ghee- spices and fry for around 1 min. Let it soak up the flavour..
- Add 6 cups of water, enough salt to taste and cook until done. Keep checking at intervals so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom..
- Once rice is cooked and water completely evaporated, take it off the heat, garnish with cashews and raisins. Serve hot..
Ghee rice recipe with step wise photos. Ghee rice or nei choru is a popular rice dish from south India. It is very popular especially in Tamil nadu and kerala. Soothing yet flavourful, the Ghee Rice combines beautifully with elaborate subzis and dals enhancing their appeal and giving them the attention they deserve. Rice is one of the staple worldwide staple food.