How to Make Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake Appetizing
Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake. Bored with Lockdown, Here is an easy recipe of Steam Cake made with Jackfruit. An Healthy Delicious Evening Snack !! Chakka appam is a traditional tea time snack made with ripe jackfruit, jaggery, coconut and homemade rice flour.
Chakka Appam – Kerala Special Jackfruit Dumplings Steamed in Banana Leaf Delicious steamed jackfruit rice cake goes well with tea or coffee. Some fruits tempt me to buy them a lot; they are plantain, mango and jackfruit. Cooking Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake is an enjoyable point, additionally it ends up being a lot more unique worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 7 active ingredients, you can start cooking 9 actions. observe the following section for you to start cooking promptly.
Ingredients requirements – Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake
- You need 1huge bowl of ripe jack fruit.
- Give 1 cup Jaggery grated.
- It’s 2 cup – roasted rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup for water.
- It’s 3/4 cup fresh grated coconut.
- Give 5 cardamom pods(seeded).
- Give 1Pinch salt.
I have tried most of the traditional recipes using ripe jackfruit, even though a few like Chakka appam remains in the list. Chakka Elai Appam (Kumbilappam, Theraliappam) – This is a traditional tea time snack from God's own country, Kerala. To make this, jackfruit puree sweetened with jaggery is mixed with or stuffed within rice flour dough, wrapped with banana leaves or therali leaves and steamed. Unlike common appams like velayappam, vatayappam this appam contains no yeast and hence does not rise when steamed.
Chakka appam/ steamed jackfruit rice cake how to cook
- In a deep vessel take the rice flower, add to this pinch of salt, some cardamom powder and mix it well with water. Add water little by little and mix everything well to form a smooth dough. Keep it covered and allow it to rest..
- Deseed the jackfruit and roughly chop them..
- In blender coarse grind the jack fruit and set aside..
- In a small bowl add grated jaggery and coconut along with some cardamom powder and combine well. Then gently mix in the jackfruit pure, do not press hard.
- Cut banana leaf into small squares or rectangular shape and wash them gently..
- Mix the dough once again and place small round balls.
- Take a leaf and spread one dough in the center, and with your fingertips spread it to a circle as shown in the picture..
- Spoon in the jackfruit mixture on half side of the spread dough and fold the other half over it, to form a wrap. Place it in a steamer and cook on high steam for 12-15minutes.
- To taste if it is cooked lift open once of the banana leaves and check it also the colour of the leaf changes. Once it is cool enough to touch remove the wrapper and enjoy with hot tea..
I love it for its thin appearance and for the fact that it can be made in a jiffy without prior preparations. The jackfruit pulp is just m twist the normal one does not add jackfruit. Chakka Appam or Ada, Steamed Jackfruit Rice Cake or dumplings is sweet and traditional Kerala snack steamed in cinnamon leaf served at evening tea time, breakfast in India. Instant jackfruit appam which is super easy to make and taste so soft and delicious. The aroma of jackfruit when you bite into the appam is heavenly.