How to Cook Curd rice Appetizing
Curd rice. Curd rice recipe with video & step by step photos. Curd rice is a south Indian dish made with precooked rice, curd (yogurt) & tempering spices. It is more often eaten by south Indians as a part of a meal.
Curd rice also called yogurt rice, is a dish originating from India. The word "curd" in Indian English refers to unsweetened probiotic yogurt. It is most popular in the Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Food preparation Curd rice is a fun thing, in addition it comes to be extra special value if you cook it on your own. By using the following 15 ingredients, you can start cooking 2 actions. observe the complying with section for you to begin cooking quickly.
Ingredients for Curd rice
- Provide 1 cup for rice.
- Need 11 /2 cup of curd.
- Need To taste of Salt.
- Provide For tempering.
- Prepare 1 tsp urad dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp for chana dal.
- Need 1 tsp for cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Need 1 – dried red chilli.
- Give 1 – green chilli split.
- Require 1/2 inch – ginger crushed.
- Require As needed – Curry leaves.
- Provide 1 tbsp – grated carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp – oil.
- Need 1 tsp – Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
In the state of Tamil Nadu it is called thayir saadam, and in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh it is called daddojanam. In Karnataka, it is called mosaranna. Curd rice is a popular and tasty South Indian dish that is served with a South Indian thali or meal. Curd rice is nothing but curd (yogurt) mixed with cooked rice, herbs and then tempered.
Curd rice process
- Pressure cook rice with adding salt as per taste and when it is done let it cool down then add curd don't add curd in hot rice otherwise it will curdled.Next keep ingredient for tempering..
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chana dal,cumin seeds,mustard seeds,curry leaves,urad dal red chilli let it splutter then add grated ginger,red chilli,green chilli and saute well all together and last add grated carrot and add this tempering to the rice and mix well and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot curd rice..
Curd rice is also known as thayir sadam or daddojanam or bagala bath in some South Indian languages. There are many ways curd rice is made. Comforting Curd Rice is a popular dish from South India where soft cooked rice is mixed with yogurt and then tempered with spices. The curd rice is easy on the stomach and tastes great with a side of pickle and papadum! Add salt and sugar and keep aside.